Native Chinese speakers face enormous challenges trying to improve their spoken American English pronunciation. 7 weeks to a Better American Accent for Native Mandarin Speakers - volume 1, provides a user friend, workbook with audio tracks that are created to enhance learning. The series was designed to give the native Chinese Students specialized strategies to master conversational American English with greater fluency.
"It's very common for students to study English for many years prior to arriving to the U.S., however upon their arrival, they struggle and become frustrated as they soon realize the way they were previously taught American English is now how Americans speak," explains Tracey Ingram, the Director of the Institute of Accent Modification. The series is self-paced, however each of the 16 audio tracks and 70 page workbook is arranged by weeks, so by the end of the 7th week, the student will have had practice and can apply the material in daily situations." Here are the goals of the first volume of the series:
- Week 1, you'll practice techniques on how to correctly pronounce challenging consonants and vowels spoken by a Native American.
- Week 2, you'll sharpen your listening skills to enhance speech production
- Week 3, you'll connect phrases & sentences with ease while improving your speaking rate
- Week 4, you'll start the process of mastering intonation (the rhythm and flow) of the American English language.
- Week 5, you'll optimize fluency and word associations
- Week 6, you'll discover the secrets of using common American idiomatic expressions in everyday conversations
- Week 7, you'll learn top methods to increase your vocabulary and develop effective presentation skills. Make an appointment with an accent coach for a complementary speech analysis and consultation at the Institute of Accent Modification. SIGN UP NOW!!
Now Available on all Readers!! Barnes & Noble, Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader, and Apple iBookstore. Click Here to for More Information on where to buy!!